dimecres, 9 de juny del 2010

Final reflection

I think I’ve improved my level of English because I see an important difference between my first compositions and my last ones.

For example, if I read my first composition, which is About studies, what I first see is that is very squat and made by short sentences without connectors between them. Then, I also see that the vocabulary is not as well as in my last compositions, where I use new vocabulary learnt in class, like in Recording "Patorets" writing. This composition shows my level of English; it is too much longer than my first one and is also better structured: with a little introduction on the top, using new connectors like in order to, and ending with a good conclusion.

I believe that the reason of my improvement on my English level is this way of writing eight compositions per term compulsory in a personal blog. It is very useful because we have the opportunity of practice our writing expression of English and improve it little by little in every composition that we make. We improve looking up new vocabulary on the dictionary or reading our last writings which always have some mistakes that we can correct. We can read them easily because they are already posted in our blog. So, another advantage of this system of having a blog is that we can see our level progress, correct the mistakes if there is any, and what’s the most important, we can write them whenever we want during three month before the deadline.

A part from the blog, there are more activities which I find very useful to learn English, like doing oral presentations or recording podcasts, which makes you improve your pronunciation a lot. But, the thing that I don’t find useful is watching films in Idiom’s class because we don’t have enough time to see them completely and I also think it’s difficult to concentrate you reading the subtitles and listening the film at the same time that people are speaking around you.

Anyway, I enjoyed doing the rest of activities that we did and the one I’d like to repeat again next year is the phrasal verbs play because I think it is a good way to learn and memorize phrasal verbs playing and laughing.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada